HOW TO WASH TAPE IN HAIR EXTENSIONS
If you have tape-in hair extensions, it’s important to keep them clean and well-maintained in order to extend their lifespan and keep them looking their best.
You can also watch this tutorial video for how to wash tape in hair extensions
Here are some tips on how to wash tape-in hair extensions:
- Start by brushing your hair to remove any tangles or knots. Use a wide-tooth comb or a brush specifically designed for use with extensions, and be gentle to avoid damaging the hair.
- Fill a sink or basin with lukewarm water and add a small amount of sulfate-free shampoo. Avoid using hot water, as it can strip the hair of its natural oils and cause the extensions to become dry and brittle.
- Gently submerge your extensions in the water and gently massage the shampoo into the hair, starting at the roots and working your way down to the ends. Avoid scrubbing the hair too hard, as this can cause the tape to loosen or come off.
- Rinse the extensions thoroughly with lukewarm water to remove all of the shampoo and any excess dirt or oil. Be sure to rinse the hair until the water runs clear, as any remaining soap or dirt can cause the extensions to become dry or tangled.
- Once the extensions are clean, apply a small amount of conditioner to the hair, focusing on the ends. Leave the conditioner in for a few minutes before rinsing it out. Conditioner will help to moisturize the hair and prevent it from becoming dry or brittle.
- After rinsing out the conditioner, gently squeeze the excess water from the extensions and blot them with a towel to remove any excess moisture. Avoid wringing or twisting the hair, as this can cause it to become tangled or damaged.
- Once the extensions are mostly dry, use a hair dryer on a low heat setting to gently dry the hair. Avoid using high heat, as it can cause the extensions to become dry or damaged.
- Once the extensions are dry, gently brush them with a wide-tooth comb or a brush specifically designed for use with extensions. This will help to remove any tangles or knots and restore the hair’s natural shine.
- To maintain the cleanliness of your tape-in extensions, try to wash them every 1-2 weeks, or as needed based on your hair type and the amount of styling products you use. It’s also a good idea to use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, as sulfates can be harsh on the hair and cause the tape to loosen or come off.
how to dry tape in extensions after washing?
1.Gently squeeze out excess water:
After washing the extensions, use a soft towel to gently squeeze out the excess water from the hair. Avoid rubbing or wringing the hair, as this can cause tangling or damage.
2. Pat dry with a towel:
Lay the extensions flat on a clean towel and pat them dry. Again, avoid rubbing the hair vigorously to prevent tangling.
3. Air dry:
Allow the extensions to air dry naturally. You can lay them flat on a clean towel or hang them up using a clip or hanger. Avoid using heat from blow dryers, curling irons, or straighteners, as excessive heat can damage the adhesive of the tape-in extensions.
4.Avoid touching or brushing until dry:
It’s important to let the extensions dry completely before handling or styling them. Touching or brushing wet extensions can cause them to tangle or lose their shape.
Style as desired: Once the extensions are completely dry, you can style them as desired. You can use a low-heat setting on your styling tools, but be cautious not to apply direct heat to the tape area.
In summary, washing tape-in hair extensions requires a bit of extra care and attention to ensure that the tape stays in place and the hair remains healthy and shiny. By following these steps, you can keep your extensions looking their best and extend their lifespan.
About Jiffy hair Extensions.
If you are looking for a reliable supplier for your hair business, please go for JIFFY HAIR FACTORY, we will not let you down.
Send inquiry by visiting Jiffy hair factory website.